I had the honor of staying for 10 days with my 102-year-old friend, Marie. She is very smart and sassy and knows what she wants. She has lived such an interesting life, I felt like I was interrogating her most of the time. Here are a few of the lessons I learned from Marie to help us all empower our awesomeness:
• Don’t waste one minute of time on something that doesn’t bring you joy.
• Stuff is not important, except when it connects you to good memories of your family and friends.
• Tell your stories. Even better— write them down.
• Keep interested in the world and use your brain every day.
• Get up and get dressed for the public every day— no sitting around in your jammies.
• And finally — two fingers of Jim Beam every evening might help you live to 102!